Many reactions have continued to trail on social media over the suspension of Channels TV by the Nigerian Government.
The TV station was suspended and fined by the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, for giving a leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, to make a retraction and inciting declarations on air without prudent, ROYAL NEWS reports.
But the Nigerian Government’s decision has since stirred reactions as some people described the action by NBC as unconstitutional and tyranny of the media.
According to reports, some Nigerians who expressed their anger on Twitter have hereby accused the President Buhari-led government of favoritism as they questioned the existence of ‘one Nigeria’.
While referring to Channel TV interviews with Miyetti Allah, Sheik Gumi, some Nigerians accused the present Government of promoting inequality and broadening the gap of disunity in the country.
Below are some comments gathered by ROYAL NEWS from Twitter:
@Sodiqtade “Miyetti Allah once threatened the unity of this country on Channels TV, and the clowning NBC didn’t say a thing. The same NBC is now pretending to be proactive by suspending the same TV for interviewing IPOB. This is all you need to know about today’s Nigeria under Buhari.”
@OladiranOyewale “When leaders of Miyetti Allah declared war on farmers on this same Channels TV, it was not suspended, but when that of IPOB was aired, it became a taboo to hear their views. Na wa o. Are we one Nigeria?
@Jaggarniyu “With all that has been happening in Nigeria plus the fine that Channels TV has been slammed with, it’s obvious that this administration recognizes only one tribe as the supreme tribe. The rest of us are second-class citizens, and it seems the Igbos have it worse.”
@Uncle_Ajala “NBC fined Channels TV a sum of N5 million for breaching the broadcast code by interviewing IPOB representative. Channels TV interviewed Miyetti Allah guys several times, no fine or sanctions by NBC, one Nigeria is indeed a joke that’s not funny.”
@Scad_official “If NBC can suspend Channels TV that has won best TV station for over ten years because they interviewed IPOB leader, I’m afraid that what we practice is audio freedom of speech. Are you surprised Jack picked Ghana over Nigeria? There you go.”
@Mr Freeman “Injustice can never make Nigeria move forward because Fulanis are controlling everything; what do you think, when Sheik Gumi was interviewed with bandits, they didn’t ban them.”
@Judeobiora4 “It is laughable that these people in this present Government are mean in destroying everything in Nigeria. Time shall tell.”
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training