The Ministry of Health in Israel reported on Tuesday that, 6,275 cases were recorded.
At the same time, the number of seriously ill patients is approaching the 400 mark, 394 seriously ill COVID-19 patients were treated in Israeli hospitals on Tuesday.
The condition of 87 of them was classified as critical.
Some 58 per cent of the approximately 9.4 million Israelis were fully vaccinated.
Recently, the Ministry of Health had presented figures showing that the effectiveness of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccination used in Israel has declined sharply since the beginning of June.
According to the ministry, the vaccination prevents infection with the Coronavirus only 39 per cent of the time and severe illness 91 per cent of the time.
At the same time, the more contagious Delta variant was spreading in the country.
In view of the rising numbers of infections, stricter measures have been in force again since Sunday, including mandatory masks at outdoor events with more than 100 participants.
Even events with fewer than 100 participants may now only be attended by those who have been vaccinated, those who have recovered or people with a negative Coronavirus test result.
Children, too, must now show a negative Coronavirus test result upon entry.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)