An unspecified number of passengers have been kidnapped by fighters of the Islamic State in West Africa Province(ISWAP) along Damaturu / Maiduguri highway.
The passengers were heading to Maiduguri in Borno State from Damaturu in Yobe, when they were intercepted a few kilometres after Benishiek town. The incident occurred around 8:30am on Saturday December 11.
A security source told YGIST;
“Yes, there was an attack on motorists this morning along Damaturu/Maiduguri highway, these senseless people abducted an unspecified number of passages around Benishiek and Mainok axis. We don’t have more details than this.”
Chairman Northeast Network of Civil Organization, Amb Ahmed Shehu also told the publication that he received reports of the abduction.
“Yet another abduction in Damaturu -Maiduguri route this morning. Why can’t we have a sustainable solution to this reoccurring misfortune?”
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes