A veteran broadcaster and former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ), Kwara chapter Mohammed Tunde Akanbi, has been appointed as the Chairman of the League of Veteran Journalists (NALVEJ), in the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that other officers of NALVEJ are; Mr Ola- Olu Ajayi (Vice chairman), Mudasiru Adewuyi(Secretary), Christy Doyin(Assistant Secretary), Mrs Yemi Ademokoya- Agboola(Treasurer), Sule Sabi(Financial Secretary), Ibrahim Salami(Internal Auditor) and Abdullahi Olesin (Publicity Secretary).
The new executives emerged at an election held at the press centre of the Kwara state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists(NUJ),Ilorin on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the immediate past chairman and his vice,Revd Omoyele Akindele and Mr Kayode Adeyipo respectively were elected ex- officio members. Other ex- officio members are Prince Charles Osagie and Mr Niyi Olalere.
Responding after the swearing- in of the new executives, the new chairman, Mohammed Tunde Akanbi, thanked NALVEJ members for the confidence reposed in him and other members of the new executive.
He pledged to run a transparent and open administration with a view to taking the union to greater heights.
Akanbi promised to prioritise the welfare and wellness of members and as well promote the practice of journalism in the state.
The immediate past chairman of NALVEJ, Reverend Omoyele Akindele thanked members for their support for his administration and urged them to extend similar gesture to the new executives. He congratulated the new executives on their well- deserved election.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption