JUST IN….Ex-Kwara NUJ chairman, Tunde Akanbi gets new appointment
A veteran broadcaster and former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ), Kwara chapter Mohammed Tunde Akanbi, has been appointed as the Chairman of the League of Veteran Journalists (NALVEJ), in the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that other officers of NALVEJ are; Mr Ola- Olu Ajayi (Vice chairman), Mudasiru Adewuyi(Secretary), Christy Doyin(Assistant Secretary), Mrs Yemi Ademokoya- Agboola(Treasurer), Sule Sabi(Financial Secretary), Ibrahim Salami(Internal Auditor) and Abdullahi Olesin (Publicity Secretary).
The new executives emerged at an election held at the press centre of the Kwara state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists(NUJ),Ilorin on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the immediate past chairman and his vice,Revd Omoyele Akindele and Mr Kayode Adeyipo respectively were elected ex- officio members. Other ex- officio members are Prince Charles Osagie and Mr Niyi Olalere.
Responding after the swearing- in of the new executives, the new chairman, Mohammed Tunde Akanbi, thanked NALVEJ members for the confidence reposed in him and other members of the new executive.
He pledged to run a transparent and open administration with a view to taking the union to greater heights.
Akanbi promised to prioritise the welfare and wellness of members and as well promote the practice of journalism in the state.
The immediate past chairman of NALVEJ, Reverend Omoyele Akindele thanked members for their support for his administration and urged them to extend similar gesture to the new executives. He congratulated the new executives on their well- deserved election.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides