The Kaduna State Commissioner for Health, Amina Mohammed-Baloni, has confirmed that she tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.
Baloni in a tweet on her Twitter page revealed that she has gone into isolation.
“Following notification that I have tested positive for COVID-19, I have proceeded into isolation for the necessary treatment.
“I look forward to a quick and complete recovery from this infection,” she added.
Meanwhile, Kaduna State on Friday recorded 35 new cases of the virus. The State has also recorded a total of 5752 cases.
Nigeria also reported a total of 1544 new COVID-19 infections in the country.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), announced that twelve persons died in the last 24 hours.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud