Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi, on Friday said the 36 states governors have agreed to take the COVID-19 vaccine on live television.
Fayemi, told the State House Correspondents after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari that the agreement will help drive acceptance among the populace.
“We, too, will like to demonstrate to our citizens that we believe that vaccines will work.
“The Governors Forum managed the polio vaccines administration in the country, and we have garnered a lot of experience.
“We have worked with the Primary Healthcare Development Agency and the Federal Ministry of Health.
“We will be happy to work with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the Presidential Task Force (PTF) and the Primary Healthcare Development Agency on this as well.
“So, we would take a lead as well in our various states,” said Fayemi, who is also the Governor of Ekiti State,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Nigeria intends to get 42 million COVID-19 vaccines to cover one-fifth of its population through the global COVAX scheme.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory