By Ujah Gabriel, Kaduna
Kaduna state government has imposed 24hours curfew on Atyap and Chawai chiefdoms in Zango Kataf and Kauru local government areas in the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that this was to avoid repraisal attack over the murder of a father of two, Moses Magaji. READ ALSO:NASS raises revised 2020 budget from N10.509trn to N10.810trn
Spokesman of the police, ASP Muhammed Jalige, stated this in a statement issued on Thursday in Kaduna. He stressed that the state government imposition of 24hour curfew is a measure to prevent the escalation of communal clashes across some parts of Zangon Kataf and Kauru Local Government Areas.
He said: “Kaduna State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that, following the State Government Imposition of 24hour Curfew as a measure to contain the escalation of Communal clashes across some parts of Zangon Kataf and Kauru Local Government Areas.
“The Command in collaboration with other sister security agencies will commence the full enforcement of the directive with immediate effect.
The Commissioner of Police CP Umar M.Muri calls on members of the general public particularly those in Zango, Anguwan Juju, Anguwan Wakili, Kurmin Masara, Atuhu, and Bakin Kogi communities in Atyap and Chawsi Chiefdoms of Zangon Kataf/Kauru LGAs to adhere strictly and respectfully obey the curfew order until further notice.
“The Command has deployed both conventional and mobile policemen in collaboration with other sister security agencies with a view to restore normalcy and enforce the government directive.
“The Command therefore has reiterates it’s commitment to protect lives and properties and call on the good people of the area to be law abiding citizen and avoid taking laws in to their hands”, it stated.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project