An official of Kaduna State Traffic Law Enforcement Agency who allegedly beat a motorist to death along the Ali Akilu Road, in the Ungwan Sarki metropolis on Friday February 4 has been arrested by the police.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mudassiru Abdullahi ordered the arrest as confirmed by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Mohammad Jalige.
Eyewitnesses said the incident which occurred around 4pm, led to heavy gridlock around the Ungwan Sarki area of the state. It was further learnt that the deceased was hit with a stick during the argument .
ROYAL NEWS reported that as soon as the young man fell down, the KASTLEA agents left the scene out of fear of being attacked by angry youths.
Commenting on the incident, Jalige said the police will commence full investigation. He said;
“There was an altercation between KASTLEA and some drivers. They beat him and was rushed to hospital where he died. So, the drivers decided to block the main road in protest but we stopped them.”
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair