AUTHORITY of the Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero, has recived the sum of N428. 4 million for payment outstanding Earned Academic Allowance (EAA) of staff.
The approval was given by the Governor of the State, Senator Atiku Bagudu, on Thursday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Hajiya Halima Dikko in Birnin Kebbi on Thursday, in a statement said that Gov. Bagudu graciously approved the payment of the EAA to academic and non- academic staff of the university.
She expressed optimism that the gesture would boost the morale of the university staff, stressing that it would improve the quality of teaching and learning in the institution.
“On behalf of the ministry and entire university staff, I sincerely express my gratitude to the governor for his commitment towards education development of the state,” Dikko said.
The permanent secretary also appealed to the academic staff to appreciate the gesture by calling – off the ongoing strike.
“The ongoing negotiations for the remaining outstanding demands will continue, ” she said.
NAN reports that the university staff, on Dec. 17, 2019, embarked on an indefinite strike.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai