In continuation of the removal of illegal structures recently embarked upon by Government, the Kwara State Geographic Information Service (KW-GIS) has again demolished illegal makeshifts in Ilorin, the State Capital.
Recall that we reported penultimate week that the demolition exercise carried out by the Directorate of Physical Planning and Development Control, (KW-GIS) claimed some car wash points, at Agba Dam Road, Ilorin, behind Government House and the Agency affirmed the exercise will continue until the State is rid of illegal makeshifts, within the metropolis.
According to the Acting Executive Chairman, KW-GIS, Esv Abdulkareem Babatunde Sulyman, the exercise would be a routine, in a bid to ensure clean up of government setbacks in the State to serve as a deterrent to owners of illegal structure in the metropolis.
The Chairman who was represented by Director of Physical Planning Development Control noted that, the make shift structures constitute nuisance and threats to Government House, adding that the affected owners of the makeshifts were duly served notice of removal since last year in accordance with the dictates of law.
In his own remarks, the Assistant Director of Development Control, Tpl Sunday Idowu, reiterated that those affected makeshifts were not acceptable under the Physical Planning law, adding that the Authority would not condone any construction of makeshifts on government setbacks, without permit or approval.
He therefore, urged developers and residents to desist from making structures without recourse to Physical Planning Authority through KW-GIS, before embarking on any development, to avoid sanctions according to the dictates of law.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death