Kwara Govt shuts Gaa-Akanbi road junction for repair
The Kwara Government has temporarily closed the access road into Gaa-Akanbi from Offa-Garage roads as it begins the emergency repair works on the access slabs in the area.
The Commissioner for Works and Transport, Mr Suleiman Iliasu, confirmed this in a statement issued on Monday in Ilorin.
“The temporary closure is to protect workers from the traffic as well as shield motorists from the potential hazards of a construction site.
“We call for patience and understanding of members of the public.
“While work begins on the access road, we plead with road users to use the Agba-Dam Road and the Pipeline Road, both off Offa-Garage Road.
“Other alternative routes include the Admiralty Road and Omosebi road,” the statement read in part.
He explained that the closure is for the safety of the general public and smoother road travel within the axis.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari