The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has commiserated with the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, over the demise of the Sarkin Sudan Wurno, Amb. Shehu Malami.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari described the death of Shehu Malami as sad, shocking and regrettable stressing that the late Sokoto Prince was highly influencial and patriotic as a renown technocrat, diplomat and administrator.
This is contained in a condolence message issued by the Emir’s spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona. He noted that “Late Ambassador Shehu Malami was a business leader who was respected globally for his uniqueness and Enterprenuerial skills.”
“The holder of an esteemed traditional title of Sarkin Sudan of Wurno, Shehu Malami was no doubt a global citizen with good intention, love and commitments to the economic growth of Nigeria through is major roles in the development of some commercial banks and several companies, including Costain West Africa, Nigeria Industrial Development Bank, PZ, and Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however commiserated with immediate and extended family members of the deceased, government and people of Sokoto State over the loss of an elderstateman and bridge builder.
He therefore prayed Allah to forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into al-janatul firdaos.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants