A young mother of five has died allegedly after she was beaten by her husband over a loaf of bread.
The deceased, identified as Ogochukwu Anene, from Umuokpu village in Awka, Anambra State, was married to one Mr Ndubisi Wilson Uwadiegwu from Enugu state and their union was blessed with four sons and a daughter.
However, the union was allegedly plagued by domestic violence.
On the fateful day Ogochukwu died, she reportedly asked her husband to buy bread for the family and he said he had no money.
She then used her money to buy bread for the family. Subsequently, Ndubuisi allegedly went into the kitchen and finished the whole bread.
When she confronted him for finishing the bread without keeping any for their children, he allegedly beat her up with his fists and a mirror.
She collapsed during the beating and died a few hours later.
Following her death, the husband has remained free and is allegedly planning to bury her without informing her people properly.
“Ogochukwu Anene was the senior prefect of Amenyi Girls’ Secondary School 2000 set. She was very intelligent.” a source said while lamenting her death.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets