Manchester City goalkeeper, Ederson Moraes has won the Premier League Golden Glove for the second year in a row.
The 27-year-old Brazilian retained his award for the most clean-sheets, having kept 18 clean sheets, made 63 saves, had 1,198 touches of the ball and played over 900 passes in Manchester City’s 37 League matches so far this season.
Kelechi Iheanacho’s 76th-minute goal for Leicester City against Chelsea on Tuesday night, May 18, confirmed Ederson’s latest accolade. His nearest challenger was Chelsea’s Edouard Mendy, who can now only achieve a total of 17 clean sheets.
In winning the award, Ederson has also become the first goalkeeper to win back-to-back Golden Glove awards since Joe Hart between 2010 and 2013.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo