Mancheter United against Norwich City on Sunday evening sets a Premier league record
in the win at Carrow Road as Scott Mctominay scored the opening goal against Norwich City.
The Scotland midfielder which has been seen as a prospect by many scored the first goal for United in the first half giving them the lead against Norwich City at Carrow Road.
The goal is the clubs 2000th in the competition and the team was able to pass the said record by scoring 2 more goals in the Sunday evening visit to Carrow Road.
The second goal was scored by Marcus Rashford after his penalty kick was saved by Tim Krul the Norwich City’s keeper, United was also awarded another penalty in the second half which was taken by Anthony Martial which was also saved by Tim Krul before he scored the third goal making the score line 0-3 after which a mistake by Scott Mctominay cost United a chance at getting a clean sheet at Carrow Road with the match ending in 1-3.
Anthony Martial who has just returned from injury seems to be the catalyst the team needed to return to winning ways since the team hasn’t lost any of the two matches played since the return of the forward. Manchester United set to face Chelsea on Wednesday in the next round of the Carabao Cup, given that both teams met already in the opening weekend of the Premier league this season in which United won 4-0 against Chelsea, can United repeat the events of the first game on Wednesday ?
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector