Marcelo has reportedly been axed from Real Madrid’s squad following an argument with boss Zinedine Zidane over his tactics and team selections.
The Brazilian left-back had grown increasingly frustrated with his manager after being relegated to a backup role with Ferland Mendy often the preferred left-back option.
With Ferland Mendy currently out for the remainder of the season, Marcelo was to be in line to start the crucial match at the Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes.
According to Goal, Marcelo had an argument with manager Zinedine Zidane over his tactics and team selections and has been left off the squad list for Thursday’s match against Granada.
In the absence of Mendy and Marcelo, academy star Miguel Gutierrez is expected to be handed the starting role at left-back.
The Brazilian has been at Real Madrid since 2007 since joining from Fluminense, making more than 370 appearances. He is a five-time LaLiga winner and four-time Champions League winner with Real Madrid.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections