Marcelo has reportedly been axed from Real Madrid’s squad following an argument with boss Zinedine Zidane over his tactics and team selections.
The Brazilian left-back had grown increasingly frustrated with his manager after being relegated to a backup role with Ferland Mendy often the preferred left-back option.
With Ferland Mendy currently out for the remainder of the season, Marcelo was to be in line to start the crucial match at the Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes.
According to Goal, Marcelo had an argument with manager Zinedine Zidane over his tactics and team selections and has been left off the squad list for Thursday’s match against Granada.
In the absence of Mendy and Marcelo, academy star Miguel Gutierrez is expected to be handed the starting role at left-back.
The Brazilian has been at Real Madrid since 2007 since joining from Fluminense, making more than 370 appearances. He is a five-time LaLiga winner and four-time Champions League winner with Real Madrid.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63