A 200-level female student in the Department of Political Science at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Feranmi Fasunle Omowumi, has committed suicide.
The Nation reports that Fasunle reportedly drank poisonous substances believed to be sniper. She died this morning after being taken to several hospitals.
She did not leave any suicide note to indicate the reason for her actions.
Some students attributed her actions to heartbreak but a friend who refused to say her name said the late Fasunle was not into any relationship.
Confirming the incident, the spokesman of the institution, Victor Akinpelumi, said the management sympathizes with the family.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal