Maulud: NSCDC arrests 18 suspected criminals in Zamfara
By Our Reporter
Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) says it arrested 18 suspected criminals during the just-concluded annual Sheik Ibrahim Nyass maulud celebrations in Zamfara.
The Zamfara Command’s Public Relation Officer, Ikor Oche, told newsmen on Sunday that the arrest was made between March 2 and 5, in Gusau.
He added that some of those arrested were from outside Zamfara, who but allegedly teamed up with some criminals in the state to carry out their nefarious activities.
According to him, the suspects were arrested for various offences, including vandalism of public property, phone theft and belonging to criminal gangs.
Oche said that the suspects would be charged to court after the investigation had been concluded. (NAN)
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides