By Our Reporter
ISWAP leaders Amir Buba Danfulani and four other notorious Commanders have been killed by troops of the Nigeria military.
PRNigeria reports that the insurgents were killed in Tumbuns and Sambisa axes of the North-East.
Amir Buba Danfulani until his death was a senior ISWAP Commander saddled with indoctrinating Fulanis and herdsmen in joining a terrorist group. He also coordinated activities of the terrorists ranging from the deployment of spies as well as tax collectors.
Their death came as their base was bombed by the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI within the week at different locations.
An intelligence source told PRNigeria that Super Tucano jet, helicopters and other aircraft were deployed in the week-long operations that were carried out simultaneously at different locations.
“Prior to the execution of the special mission, intelligence identified terrorist training camps at Tumbun Kaiyowa and Tumbun Allura that are most active with ISWAP/Boko Haram activities.
The camps were also used by terrorists in firing projectiles against Nigerian Army locations in Mallam Fatori
“Consequently, the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai deployed some aircraft that degraded the insurgents’ capabilities in order to prevent future attacks on troops and friendly location while ensuring the success of ongoing operations.
“The aircraft dropped several bombs on the targets at TUMBUN KAIYOWA and rockets and cannon at TUMBUN ALLURA. The fleeing surviving terrorists were also eliminated with fighter helicopters.
“Similar operation was conducted at Parisu and Njimia within Sambisa Forest, where three different aircraft types for specific purposes bombarded the targets.
“The elimination of these number of high-ranking terrorists will surely send a strong signal to the terrorists operating in the Northeast that the change in the fortunes of terrorist elements and their likes isn’t accidental. Rather this is attributed to the renewed vigour that the armed forces of Nigeria and other security agencies have brought to bare in the counterinsurgency operation.
Those killed in the airstrike include Musa Amir Jaish, Mahd Maluma, Abu-Ubaida, Abu-Hamza and Abu-Nura umarun Leni.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated