A musician, Amzat Ibrahim, on Thursday told an Ile-Tuntun Customary Court in Ibadan that his wife Zainab, is an adulterer who has slept with his best friend.
Amzat made the allegations in a counter statement after Zainab prayed for divorce on grounds that her life was being threatened.
“My lord, the truth is that Zainab and I fight because of her infidelity . Zainab and my close friend are romantically involved.
”She disappeared from my house for three months. She took my children away. I later found out that she took them to friend’s house.
“I caught the two of them in bed,” Amzat said.
In her earlier account, the petitioner who operates a drink joint, informed the court that her husband was threatening her life.
She alleged that he humiliates and insults me around town.
“He keeps monitoring my movements.
The president of the court, Chief Henry Agbaje, advised the couple to substantiate their claims before court.
Agbaje asked them to produce two of their relatives each in court.
He adjourned the case until Nov. 2 for judgment.
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC