Naira redesign: Buhari apologises for hardship caused to citizens
President Muhammadu Buhari has apologised to Nigerians over the cash crunch caused by the naira redesign policy of the Federal Government.
The apology came following the abysmal performance of the ruling All Progressives Congress at Saturday’s presidential and national assembly elections in Kaduna state.
The president also begged the people of Kaduna State to vote for the APC governorship candidate in the state, Senator Uba Sani in the forthcoming election.
According to Buhari, the naira redesign policy is never meant to cause untold hardship to Nigerians.
The President who spoke in a viral video in Hausa, monitored in Kaduna by our correspondent added that the Central Bank monetary policy was meant to enhance the economy and nothing more.
Buhari said, “first of all, I want to once again thank you for the confidence you have in me by electing me president on the platform of our party, the APC.
“I apologise to you for the hardship caused by the change of the Naira. It was done to boost the economy of the country, not to cause hardship to anybody.
“Kaduna is home to me, therefore, I urge you to vote for Senator Uba Sani and all our APC candidates for the state assembly.
“I want to use this opportunity to inform you that Uba Sani is our candidate for the governorship election in Kaduna state. I am begging you to vote for him and all APC candidates for the House of Assembly to help him work.
“Uba is a leading member of this journey. We worked together in the senate and he demonstrated capacity and competence. He will perform better than expected.
“Kaduna is home to me. Therefore, I urge you to vote for Uba Sani and all our APC candidates for the State Assembly.”
Meanwhile, talks were in progress for an alliance between the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party and the Labour Party to wrestle power in Kaduna State.
The Chairman of PDP in Kaduna State and former minister of aviation, Felix Hyet, has called on the people of the state to unite and chase out the APC government by voting for the PDP governorship candidate, Isa Ashiru
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG