The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has announced 624 new COVID-19 cases in the country as total infections from the virus increased to 41, 804.
The NCDC made this known on its official twitter handle on Tuesday.
The health agency noted that eight more persons have died from the disease.
It stated that Lagos, the nation’s COVID-19 regional epicentre, reported 212 new cases, while Oyo reported 69.
Among others states with new cases were: Niger (49), Kano (37), Osun (37), FCT (35, Plateau (34), Gombe (33), Edo (28), Enugu (28), Ebonyi (17), Delta (10), Katsina (9), Ogun (8), Rivers (7), Ondo (5), Kaduna (4) and Nasarawa (2).
According to it, Till date, 41,804 cases have been confirmed, 18,764 cases have been discharged and 868 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, would continues to coordinate the national response activities across the country.
Meanwhile, the health agency said that there was no specific cure for COVID-19.
It noted Some trial drugs show promising results but were yet to be validated for use.
“In Nigeria, use of hydroxychloroquine is only limited to clinical trials.
“Please TakeResponsibility and avoid self-medication,” it advised.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity