The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has announced 624 new COVID-19 cases in the country as total infections from the virus increased to 41, 804.
The NCDC made this known on its official twitter handle on Tuesday.
The health agency noted that eight more persons have died from the disease.
It stated that Lagos, the nation’s COVID-19 regional epicentre, reported 212 new cases, while Oyo reported 69.
Among others states with new cases were: Niger (49), Kano (37), Osun (37), FCT (35, Plateau (34), Gombe (33), Edo (28), Enugu (28), Ebonyi (17), Delta (10), Katsina (9), Ogun (8), Rivers (7), Ondo (5), Kaduna (4) and Nasarawa (2).
According to it, Till date, 41,804 cases have been confirmed, 18,764 cases have been discharged and 868 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, would continues to coordinate the national response activities across the country.
Meanwhile, the health agency said that there was no specific cure for COVID-19.
It noted Some trial drugs show promising results but were yet to be validated for use.
“In Nigeria, use of hydroxychloroquine is only limited to clinical trials.
“Please TakeResponsibility and avoid self-medication,” it advised.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide