Chibuike Apollos suspected notorious dealer in illicit drugs in Abia State was arrested on Wednesday in his hideout at Mbausi in the Isialangwa North Local Government of the state.
According to Punch, the spokesman for the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Femi Babafemi, said in a statement that Apollos had been on the wanted list of the Abia State Command of the agency since February following the arrest of one Chima Ukeleonu, the suspect behind the viral video in January showing a young man hawking illicit drugs on the street.
Babafemi said, “As a result, 38-year-old Apolos was put on the wanted list. Following his arrest in the early hours of Wednesday, the Abia State Government has already marked his house that serves as his hideout for demolition.”
The Commander, NDLEA, Abia State Command, Bamidele Akingbade, said, “The command had been on his trail since February this year. Fortunately, we got a tip-off that he just received some quantities of cannabis from Edo State. Notwithstanding the tense security situation in the South-East, especially Abia state, the command still embarked on the operation, which culminated in the arrest of one Chibuike Apolos with 10 bags of cannabis weighing 100kg, 1.6 grams of cocaine, one gram of heroin and five grams of methamphetamine.
“The suspect is one of the major suppliers of illicit drugs in Abia State, especially in the Isialangwa communities. The state governor has been notified and the suspect’s building has been marked for demolition.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections