The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has filed charges against suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Abba Kyari.
The NDLEA filed an eight-count criminal charge against Abba Kyari and three other members of the police intelligence response team (IRT) identified as Sunday J. Ubia, Bawa James, Simon Agirigba and John Nuhu.
Others are the suspected drug traffickers that were arrested at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu, Chibunna Patrick Umeibe and Emeka Alphonsus Ezenwanne.
The agency in the charge filed by Joseph Sunday, NDLEA director of prosecution and legal services, before a federal high court in Abuja, accused Kyari and four other police officers of conspiracy, obstruction and dealing in cocaine worth 17.55 kilograms.
They will be arraigned before a Federal High Court in Abuja on March 8.
Earlier on Thursday March 3, the Federal Government announced that the process for extraditing Kyari to the US had commenced.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation