The newly appointed Chief of Army Staff, Major General Farouk Yahaya, assumed office today May 28.
He was received at the Quarter Guard at the Nigerian Army Headquarters by a handful of Army Generals.
Although there was no formal handing over, the Chief of Army Staff met with the Chief of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor, behind closed doors. Shortly after the meeting with the CDS, Yahaya went into another closed-door meeting with Principal Staff Officers (PSO) and Commanders.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List