By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
The secretariat of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Kaduna state was on Tuesday stormed by thugs, making it extremely difficult for party bigwigs, supporters and journalists to gain entrance into the premises to attend an APC governorship aspirant, Bello Detijjo’s declaration ceremony.
Accordingly, before the end of the over crowded two solids hours ceremony, the Golf 3 Car belonging to Journalist and political editor New Nigeria Newspaper (NNN), Mr Amos Mathew disappeared from the scene parked, alongside main road.
The black Golf, American model, with plate number LSD-516-HB was stolen by people suspected to be political thugs from where it was parked in front of APC party Secretariat.
However, journalists in the state have threatened to boycott future APC political activities in the state, should relevant authorities of the ruling party failed to recovered the vehicle.
According to Mr. Mathew, the vehicle was parked in front of the party Secretariat at exactly 10:00am and was discovered to have been stolen at the end of political event by unidentified political thugs at exactly 11:20 am on Tuesday.
He explained that the police and other relevant authorities who were fully on ground during the event have been briefed on the ugly incident.
some other valuable items like: ATM card, office Identity Card, Voters’ Card, National Identity Card amongst others were in the stolen vehicle when it was stolen.
Recalled that a journalists (name withheld) at the party secretariat identified what he described as a veteran APC thug who stormed their union alongside others in 2018 in the wake of the Shehu Sani-led press conference and destroyed their equipments.
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung