The Gombe State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs Ada Imoni gave the charge on Monday while declaring the 2021 Batch ‘A’ Stream II Orientation course closed in the state.
The low-key ceremony was held at the temporary orientation camp in Amada community in Akko Local Government Area of the state.
Imoni said the advice was imperative in view of the need for corps members to ensure that the objective of the scheme in line with its mandate was achieved.
“May I crave the indulgence of corps members to shun any form of social vices like drug abuse, bigotry, membership of cult groups, indecent dressing and hate speech among others.
“Remember you are the responsibility of the government since the day you answered the call to serve your fatherland, but you must help us to keep you safe,’’ she said.
Imoni called on the corps members to make positive impacts by being “dependable agents of transformation, symbols of national integration and rapid socio-economic development.”
She further called on them to dedicate themselves to the progress and development of the nation in order to bring positive advancement in their host communities.
Imoni appealed to corps members to live peacefully with their host communities and ensure that they foster unity in their respective places of primary assignments.
On the 48th years anniversary of NYSC, the state coordinator said the scheme had remained “a beacon of hope in the country’s mission for a united nation.
“It has exposed millions of youths to the cultures and traditions of our pluralistic society while imparting skills and experiences to enhance those you have acquired in schools,” she said.
She added that anyone found wanting would be sanctioned in accordance with the NYSC bye-laws.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 1,411 corps members registered in the state for the 2021 Batch ‘A’ Stream II comprising 824 males and 587 females.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections