Edo state governor Godwin Obaseki has hereby withdrawn HRH Benjamin Ikhani as the Clan Head of Uzanu. He accepts the revocation of the South East Uneme clan in Estako East LGA., report says.
Meanwhile, Uzanu was created at the tail end of the former governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole’s administration, referred to as a country home of prince Clem Agba, the present Hon Minister of State for Budget and National planning.
According to the statement signed by Bar Osarodion Ogie, the Secretary to the State government explained that both actions take immediate effect.
“The state government “activity is anticipated in the relentless and flagrant negligence to nonaggression treaty and government order to keep up harmony in Uzanu, and its environs by the Oliola.”
“With the situation of this action, Uzanu is back to his former status as a village under weppa.”
However, Uzanu and her neighbor, Igiode, of Senator Francis Alimikhena town, have been involved in a land dispute over the years now.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC