Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has congratulated his Benue counterpart, Mr Samuel Ortom, who clocked 60 years on Friday.
The governor’s felicitation was conveyed in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, on Saturday in Asaba.
Okowa lauded Ortom for his consistent outspokenness and courage exemplified in his dogged disposition toward the good of his people.
He said that the governor’s efforts at developing Benue were tremendous and outstanding, adding that his contributions to the development of Nigeria as a former minister were remarkable.
According to Okowa, Ortom had since assuming office as governor demonstrated immense courage and determination to protect the lives and property of Benue people.
“Your Excellency, your selfless and impressive performance as Governor of Benue has already distinguished you as an emerging nationalist and one to look out for in the political development of our country.
“Democrats and all people of goodwill stood up for you when due to the injustice being meted out on your people and the killings by herdsmen and other forces, you chose to stand on the side of your people by joining us in the Peoples Democratic Party family.
“Since your emergence for a second term, you have remained steadfastly and committed in state craftsmanship as exemplified in the achievements being recorded by your administration.
“On behalf of my family, the government and people of Delta, I congratulate an astute businessman, administrator, outstanding statesman and a consummate politician, Mr Samuel Ortom, on his 60th birth anniversary.
“On this auspicious point in your life, I join your family, friends and well-wishers to thank Almighty God for His continued goodness to you.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory