Obaseki defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to PDP during the height of his faceoff with Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, former Chairman of the APC.
The party authorities had granted him waiver to contest the election, which he won by a landslide.
However, the governor has been having issues with some PDP leaders in Edo.
Speaking at a reconciliatory rally in Benin on Thursday, Ayu said the party lost Edo state in 2008 because of the infighting between the camp of Late Tony Anenih and Lucky Igbinedion camps.
He warned members of the party in Edo that infighting could make PDP lose the state
“The party will set up a team to resolve the crisis and we will ensure that the governor does not leave.”
“Obaseki is not going anywhere, we have captured him and through him we are going to unite PDP. Let no one deceive you, Obaseki is not leaving PDP. Nigerians will see how we will receive all those from other parties. In 2023, we shall be back in power”.
“Edo people should learn from my own state, Benue. If you fight, you will lose the election. I am going to bring a team that will settle the issue in Edo”.
“I have been working from behind, I am happy that the Deputy Governor, Shaibu said the truth that the leadership of the party in the state is not working. We are very close to solve the crisis in Edo.
“Once the leadership is divided, you won’t get a good result. All our emphasis is on unity. We cannot talk about taking over power in 2023 if our state leadership is not on good terms”.
On his part, Obaseki, said Edo will support the PDP to reclaim the presidency, as it is the only party that can rescue the country.
“The only issue that can stop us is the small quarrel in Edo PDP; once you can solve the quarrel in Edo and other states, we will take over power in 2023,” he said.
Earlier, Shaibu said the executive of Edo APC led by Aslem Ojezua and other members resigned and followed the governor to the PDP when Obaseki was disqualified from contesting the primary election.
“Obaseki will only remain in PDP when his foot soldiers remain in PDP. If all of us with way we are being treated now decided to leave, the governor will follow us.”
“Mr. Chairman, we are angry and we want you to solve this problem. If we continue with impunity, PDP is not going any where and there would be problem because whenever Edo go is where Nigeria go”
Dignitaries at the rally include, former governor of Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo; Chairman, PDP Board of Trustees (BOT), Sen. Walid Jibrin; Senator Matthew Urhoghide; Senator Clifford Odia; Chief Tom Ikimi and PDP National Women Leader, Josephine Anenih, Edo House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Marcus Onobun and State Chairman of the PDP, Tony Aziegbemi, among others.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note