Facts have emerged on how power and royal influence is to be shared with the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II by the newly signed government law.
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State had signed into law a bill for the creation of four additional emirates councils in the state.
Prior to the new arrangements, the stool of Emir of Kano covers 44 local government existing in the state with the presence District Heads representing the Emir of Kano in their respective domains.
With the new law, the Kano emirate will now cover 10 local government areas, Rano emirate (10 local government areas), Gaya emirate (eight local government areas), Karaye emirate (six local government areas) and Bichi emirate will cover nine local councils.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants