Gbadebo Adekunle has emerged the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) for the July 16, 2022 governorship election.
APGA’s Governorship Primary was conducted at the State Party Secretariat in Osogbo on Tuesday and was monitored by the two representatives of INEC from their National Headquarters.
Adekunle’s candidature was ratified in the presence of Osun INEC representatives and party delegates after emerging as the sole candidate of the party’s primary election.
The returning officer, while announcing the result, thanked all the delegates and observers for playing according to the rules towards ensuring the peaceful primary election.
After announcing him the winner of the primary election, Gbadebo Adekunle promised that APGA under the state, zonal and national leadership of Pastor Olatunji Popoola, Deacon Samson Segun Olalere and Victor Oye would spring surprise against the political permutation of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the July 16 governorship poll.
According to him, “APGA is a true party of the progressives with masses oriented manifesto and programmes. Anambra is a case study and a good example of masses oriented democracy and good governance. APGA has controlled Anambra State since 2006 and also for a few years controlled Imo. There are lots of developments, huge infrastructures and grassroots projects to show as evidence.”
“We will not abandon Osun State to pretenders and looters who coined themselves progressives but our government, if elected into power will ensure that every Osun Citizen enjoys the God-given resources of the state and be thankful for His blessings,” Gbadebo Adekunle told the party’s delegates.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption