By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
The Kwara State Government has assured Investors and Operators in the State of adequate government support to make good use of the resources that we have in the State.
The State Commissioner for Solid Minerals Development, Mrs. Adenike Harriet Afolabi Osatimehin gave the assurance in Ilorin at a meeting held with the Investors and Operators in her Office.
She affirmed that the State is endowed with a lot of natural resources, which she said is evenly spread across the three Senatorial Districts of the State.
According to her, there are about 230 licensed mining operators in the state with 150 of them mining gold while 13 specializes in limestone mining. She said the data which was last updated in February this year emphasizes the potential of the state as a preferred mining destination for investors.
Solid Minerals Development, the Commissioner said, is a gate way to several minerals deposits in the country, so as to make good use of the opportunity that we have and work together to develop the Communities where the resources are located.
Mrs. Osatimehin appreciated the State Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for creating the Ministry of Solid Minerals Development, with a view to diversifying the economy of the State.
Also speaking, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Solid Minerals Development, Dr. Abubakar Mohammed assured the Investors and Operators that Kwara is a peaceful State that will create a smooth enabling environment for business to strive.
“The State Government will give every necessary support to make sure that your business strive to make profit and do the needful to the State”, Dr. Mohammed said.
The Managing Director, Dimkit Glober Concept Limited, Tang Lei, who spoke on behalf of the Investors, assured of developing the minning sector and advised the State Government not to sell the mining resources out of the country but to use it to industrialize the State.
The representative of the Operators, Alhaji Suleiman Mayaki appreciated the State Government and the Ministry and promised that the company shall operate within the set standards as a way of enhancing the growth and development of the state’s economy.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death