The pensioners who trooped out enmass on Wednesday in Osogbo to protest what they described as poor treatment being meted out to them by Governor Rauf Aregbesola, also rejected the 50 percent pension being paid to them.
As early as 7:00am, ROYAL NEWS learnt that the pensioners, had gathered at Fakunle where they set out for the protest by matching through Alekuwodo-Oke-Fia-Old-Garage and Ola-Iya.
The protesters occupied the Ola-Iya junction for over an hour, a development that disturbed the free flow of traffics.
Carrying placards with various inscriptions, the petitioners hurled abusive words and reigned curses on Aregbesola, who they called a wicked governor.
Addressing journalists at the protest ground, Mr Ilesanmi Omoniyi who is the Chairman for the 2011 and 2012 pensioners threatened that they would be disrupting government activities henceforth if their gratuity and full pension are not paid.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan