Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
The presidential candidate of Labour Party, (LP), Peter Obi, has urged the electorate to give him a chance to create a new Nigeria where people will have equal opportunities.
LP presidential candidate, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), during a rally in Maiduguri on Saturday, said that other parties had failed, making it necessary for Nigerians to try the Labour Party for the needed change.
Obi who lamented on the security challenges in Borno and other parts of Nigeria said his administration would restore the people’s hope and ensure that no Nigerian stayed in displaced persons’ camp.
He said that Borno had vast agricultural land and resources that if properly harnessed could generate billions of naira annually.
“My administration has big plans for the north, particularly in areas of agriculture and education that will help pull it out of poverty, ” Obi said.
Also speaking, Datti Baba-Ahmad, LP Vice-Presidential candidate spoke on Obi’s legacies as a former governor that didn’t borrow money to work for his state.
He said the two major political parties had failed Nigerians and that LP remained the only alternative to salvage the country.
In her address, Aisha Yusuf, an activist, and member of the party, urged Nigerians to take the 2023 election with all seriousness by voting for the LP candidates because of the people-oriented programmes of the party.
Ibrahim Mshelia, Borno LP governorship candidate, urged the people not to sell their votes but to vote for LP to actualised its dream of restoring the lost glory of the state and the nation in general.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Obi also visited the southern part of the state, Shehu of Borno’s Palace and held meetings with youth and women groups, before leaving.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents