APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
The absence of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo during the presidential campaign of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Lagos wil not have any effect on the party, the All Progressives Congress, (APC) has said.
It added that APC was not structured around individuals, adding that victory would be delivered for the party at the 2023 poll even without his participation in the party’s campaign.
Although the APC Presidential Campaign Council spokesman, Festus Keyamo, had said the Vice President was acting on the directive of the President to concentrate on governance, there are concerns that the VP would have been active in the campaign if he had emerged as the APC presidential candidate.
Speaking in an interview with our correspondent, the APC spokesperson in Lagos State, Seyi Oladejo, said the absence of the VP would not affect Tinubu’s victory at the poll.
“We are not bothered; we have an enduring structure to deliver for the election. Remember we have never lost the state since the advent of this democracy and everything points to our victory,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents