Another set of suspected internet fraudsters who are being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) Ilorin Zonal Office have pleaded guilty to the criminal charges levelled against.
The three defendants who were brought on separate charges before a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin presided over by Justice Adenike Akinpelu are, Olopade Oladimeji Solomon, Atanda Femi Benjamin and Atoyebi Samson.
The charge against Atanda reads “That you, Atanda Femi Benjamin ( alias; Federer Abril), sometime in December, 2018,at Ilorin,within the judicial division of the Kwara Stste High Court, did attempt to cheat by personation, when you pretended to be one Federer Abril a white Caucasin vide Gmail account: firstname.lastname@example.org and in that guise communicated with one Linda Richardson vide hangout with Linda Richardson, a representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 95 of the Penal Code and punishable Section 324 of the same Penal Code.
The charge against Atoyebi reads “That you, Atoyebi Samson (William Grover), sometime in July, 2019, in Ilorin within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did cheat by personation when you pretended to be one William Grover a white Female with gmail account email@example.com, and fraudulently deceived Charles Wood an Amrican citizen, to send $500.00 (Two Hundred Dollar) worth of gift card after you made him believe you were a girl in love with him and you thereby committed an offence contrary to section 321 of the Penal Code and punishable under section 324 of the same Penal Code”
They pleaded guilty to the charges.
Prosecuting Counsel, Sesan Ola and Andrew Akoja however urged the Court to convict the defendants having pleaded guilty to the charges.
Justice Akinpelu fixed 17th of March for Judgement in the case and ordered the accused persons to be remanded in the custody of the EFCC.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63