Another set of suspected internet fraudsters who are being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) Ilorin Zonal Office have pleaded guilty to the criminal charges levelled against.
The three defendants who were brought on separate charges before a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin presided over by Justice Adenike Akinpelu are, Olopade Oladimeji Solomon, Atanda Femi Benjamin and Atoyebi Samson.
The charge against Atanda reads “That you, Atanda Femi Benjamin ( alias; Federer Abril), sometime in December, 2018,at Ilorin,within the judicial division of the Kwara Stste High Court, did attempt to cheat by personation, when you pretended to be one Federer Abril a white Caucasin vide Gmail account: firstname.lastname@example.org and in that guise communicated with one Linda Richardson vide hangout with Linda Richardson, a representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 95 of the Penal Code and punishable Section 324 of the same Penal Code.
The charge against Atoyebi reads “That you, Atoyebi Samson (William Grover), sometime in July, 2019, in Ilorin within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did cheat by personation when you pretended to be one William Grover a white Female with gmail account email@example.com, and fraudulently deceived Charles Wood an Amrican citizen, to send $500.00 (Two Hundred Dollar) worth of gift card after you made him believe you were a girl in love with him and you thereby committed an offence contrary to section 321 of the Penal Code and punishable under section 324 of the same Penal Code”
They pleaded guilty to the charges.
Prosecuting Counsel, Sesan Ola and Andrew Akoja however urged the Court to convict the defendants having pleaded guilty to the charges.
Justice Akinpelu fixed 17th of March for Judgement in the case and ordered the accused persons to be remanded in the custody of the EFCC.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders