He said physical fitness would enhance troops combat readiness, especially at this time when the Armed Forces of Nigeria were confronted with security challenges.
“We must not relent in our efforts at ensuring that physical fitness occupies an enviable place in the service and enhance professionalism,” he said.
AOC, represented by AVM Usman Abdullahi, Chief of Staff, Special Operations Command, said the excercise was aimed at continually promoting comradeship and esprit de corps among personnel as well as physical and combat fitness to enhance NAF operations.
In a remark, Brig.-Gen. Markus Yake, Special Adviser to Gov Bala Mohammed on Security, encouraged personnel to continue physical and mental exercise for operational readiness.
He commended Nigeria Air Force for supporting the state and security agencies for sustaining the existing peace in the state.
According to him, the state government will continue to maintain support and relationships with security agencies to keep peaceful co-existance in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that other security agencies that participated in the exercise included Customs, Civil Defence Corps, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency,
Others were Police , Immigration Services, Department of State Services, Federal Road Safety Corps, among others.
The exercise also featured the presentation of awards to the three best personnel, paramilitary, officers wives, Corps members and dependants.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal