The command affirmed this in a statement it issued in Gusau on Thursday, by its Public Relations Officer, SP Muhammad Shehu.
According to Shehu, the arrest followed a distress call received from the Area Manager, Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Tsafe Branch, regarding the vandalism of a transformer and other electrical installations in Wanzamai Village.
He explained that large quantities of aluminum conductor wire, valued at around N800,000, were removed.
The police spokesman said the suspects came from Wanzamai village.
“The Divisional Police Officer, Tsafe Division, acted on the information he received and arrested the suspects in possession of large quantities of molten aluminum conductor wire.
“On interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime and also mentioned their partners in crime, who are now at large.
“The commando, under the leadership of CP Ayuba Elkanah, is applying various strategies to arrest fleeing suspects and charge them in court,” Shehu said.
He assured state residents that the command will adequately protect public and private facilities across the state, advising them to be vigilant and also report any attempts to vandalize any public infrastructure, for immediate action.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year