The command affirmed this in a statement it issued in Gusau on Thursday, by its Public Relations Officer, SP Muhammad Shehu.
According to Shehu, the arrest followed a distress call received from the Area Manager, Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Tsafe Branch, regarding the vandalism of a transformer and other electrical installations in Wanzamai Village.
He explained that large quantities of aluminum conductor wire, valued at around N800,000, were removed.
The police spokesman said the suspects came from Wanzamai village.
“The Divisional Police Officer, Tsafe Division, acted on the information he received and arrested the suspects in possession of large quantities of molten aluminum conductor wire.
“On interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime and also mentioned their partners in crime, who are now at large.
“The commando, under the leadership of CP Ayuba Elkanah, is applying various strategies to arrest fleeing suspects and charge them in court,” Shehu said.
He assured state residents that the command will adequately protect public and private facilities across the state, advising them to be vigilant and also report any attempts to vandalize any public infrastructure, for immediate action.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates