According to the Holy See, Pope Francis was on the road to recovery after his surgery at the weekend.
In the morning he had breakfast, read some newspapers and went for a walk, Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said on Tuesday.
The results of the examinations after the colon surgery were good, he added.
The 84-year-old head of the Catholic Church had gone to the Agostino Gemelli University Hospital in Rome on Sunday for the planned operation.
He is expected to stay there for about a week to recover if there are no complications.
The reason for the three-hour operation was an intestinal disease that can cause pain, among other things; the doctors therefore removed part of the colon.
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI prayed for Francis, the Italian broadcaster TGcom24 reported on Monday, citing his private secretary Georg Gaenswein.
Wishes for the Argentinean’s recovery also came from many people in Italian politics.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy