Prince Harry has said he first met Meghan Markle in a supermarket and they pretended they didn’t know who each other were.
He said they acted like they were grabbing some essentials at the shops as they got together for the first time.
The royal couple did their best to stay “incognito” to avoid attracting attention.
Harry says he wore a cap and was looking at the floor as they finally met up.
The Duke of Sussex made this revelation while speaking during Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast.
He said: “The first time Meghan and I met up for her to come and stay with me, we met up in a supermarket in London, pretending we didn’t know each other, texting each other from the other side of the aisles.
“There’s people looking at me, giving me all these weird looks, and coming up to me and saying ‘hi’.
“I texted her saying “is this the right one”, and she said “no you want parchment paper”, and “I’m like where’s the parchment paper?!”
“I had baseball cap on, looking down at the floor, trying to stay incognito. It’s amazing how much chewing gum you see, it’s a mess!”
He went on to say what he really loves about living a quiet life in America.
Harry says that life had felt “more free” since his move to LA.
He continued on the podcast: “Living here now I can actually lift my head and actually I feel different, my shoulders have dropped, so has hers, you can walk around feeling a little bit more free.
“I can take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I never had the chance to do that.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal