A staff of the Nigerian Prison, M. C. Bello, has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl in Adamawa State.
Bello reportedly lured the minor with N50 before taking her into his apartment near the Yolde-Pate correctional facility in the Yola South Local Government Area of the state, where he allegedly defiled her.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the Adamawa State police command, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said Bello is in police custody in connection with the crime.
“Investigation into the matter has commenced,” Nguroje said;
The Human Rights Desk Officer at the Centre for Women and Adolescent Empowerment, Madam Laila said the victim had undergone medical examination and that there was confirmation that she had been sexually abused.
“We’ll follow up the case to its logical conclusion so that the little girl gets justice. The survivor has undergone a medical examination, which confirms penetration.
The suspect has confessed to the crime and pleaded for leniency, attributing his action to the devil’s influence” she said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory