A staff of the Nigerian Prison, M. C. Bello, has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl in Adamawa State.
Bello reportedly lured the minor with N50 before taking her into his apartment near the Yolde-Pate correctional facility in the Yola South Local Government Area of the state, where he allegedly defiled her.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the Adamawa State police command, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said Bello is in police custody in connection with the crime.
“Investigation into the matter has commenced,” Nguroje said;
The Human Rights Desk Officer at the Centre for Women and Adolescent Empowerment, Madam Laila said the victim had undergone medical examination and that there was confirmation that she had been sexually abused.
“We’ll follow up the case to its logical conclusion so that the little girl gets justice. The survivor has undergone a medical examination, which confirms penetration.
The suspect has confessed to the crime and pleaded for leniency, attributing his action to the devil’s influence” she said.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn