Hon. Saheed Popoola who is currently a member of the Kwara State House of Assembly has step down his All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for the House of Representatives.
I wish to humbly inform you of my decision to step down my APC ticket to contest the Federal House of Representatives seat to the Oyun, Offa and Ifelodun Federal constituency in the 2019 elections.
Of course, this was by no means an easy decision for me and all stakeholders and I’m sure that many of you too may find it difficult to accept.
However, we all must recognise that the key to achieving great successes is often embedded in huge sacrifices.
It’s my humble belief therefore that this personal and collective sacrifices that we’re making as a people and within our political family are needed at this point to pave way for a smooth realisation of the senatorial ambition of our illustrious Arch Lola Ashiru. And I want to assure you that your support and understanding on this development will not be taken for granted.
I therefore implore all aggrieved members and allies to receive this in the spirit of sportsmanship and to kindly join us on this historic struggle for greater political attainment as a people.
As we look into the future with great hopes and excitement, I trust that you would continue to support us to the end on this project.
Remember that, united, we stand; divided, we fall!
Thank you for your unwavering support and understanding at all times.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection