The Delta Government on Wednesday said that it has not received the 4.2 million pounds recovered from former Gov. James Ibori, returned by the United Kingdom government.
The government made this known in a statement issued by Mr Olisa Ifeajika, Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa on Wednesday in Asaba.
Reacting to the rumoured release of the money to the state, the statement said that no money with respect to the recovered funds had entered the coffers of the Delta state government.
“The Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr Ahmed Idris, had disclosed on Tuesday before the House of Representatives Committee on Recovered Assets, in Abuja, that the funds had been released to the state.
“The money has not arrived in our coffers.
“Delta government is in contact with the Federal Government, especially the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, on the issue.
“It expresses appreciation for the disposition of the Federal Government in releasing the funds to the state, and assured that it would acknowledge receipt of the funds when it arrives.
“The government also assured the Federal Government and the people of Delta that the funds would, in tandem with Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration’s hallmark, be judiciously deployed especially in the completion of projects it had earlier intimated the Presidency about,” Ifeajika said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal