Two person have been reported dead Tipper rammed into a crowded scene at Upper Iweka Axis in Onitsha, Anambra State.
Anambra State Sector Commander Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (frsc), Andrew Kumapayi, confirmed the death of two persons on Tuesday.
Kumapayi noted that the tipper had break failure and the driver lost control of the vehicle. He said the accident occurred at about 5.46 P.m. on Tuesday. “the crash which was caused by brake failure and loss Of control involved A Mercedes Benz tipper with registration number XA44nsk.”
The commander said the accident occurred at about 5.46 p.m. on Tuesday.
“The crash which was caused by brake failure and loss of control involved a Mercedes Benz tipper with registration number XA44NSK.
Also, 3 die, 1 injured in Ogun auto crash.
“It was gathered that the driver of the tipper lost control of the vehicle after the brakes failed and in the process rammed into people.
“A young female lotto attendant together with another male victim were confirmed dead by doctors at Toronto Hospital, Onitsha where the victims were rushed to by the FRSC rescue team from Upper-Iweka Outpost.
“A total of 10 victims (five male adults and five female adults) were involved in the crash, three males and five females sustained various degrees of injuries,” he said.
The Sector Commander expressed condolences to the families of the dead and wished the injured victims quick recovery.
He also urged vehicle owners and drivers, especially, articulated vehicles, to always ensure that their vehicles were checked and serviced regularly, especially, their brake systems, before embarking on any trip.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal