Sanusi opens up on plan to join politics
Former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II has denied any plan to join politics.
Sanusi, speaking in Kaduna, said he plans to continue to educate the public on the right candidates/leader to vote for during elections.
He also stated that priority should be given to education, especially for children, before the country’s problems could be addressed.
Sanusi denies rift with Dahiru Bauchi over appointment of Tijjaniyya Islamic sect leader
Sanusi said; “If we have those we trust who promised they will work for the betterment of the country, then we can come together and help them – this is not politics. I have no intention of joining politics.
“If we do not educate our children to become successful, while other people send their children to schools, they will end up working for those ones that attend school and that’s the end.”
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle