The Senate has rejected the nomination of the Personal Assistant on Social Media to President Muhammadu Buhari, Lauretta Onochie as a National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The presidential aide was rejected following the report by the Senate Committee on (INEC), Senator Kabir Gaya who said her nomination breaches Federal Character principles.
Kabir Gaya cited Section 14 (1) 3 of the Constitution, stating that somebody was already a Commissioner from her zone, and the law remains clear about that.
The committee said there is currently a serving commissioner from Delta state, where Onochie hails from.
The Senate also stood down the approval of Professor Sani Mohammed Adam till further legislative action.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution