Simi took to Twitter to share her experience in the music industry, which she says is something female entertainers, in general, have to endure.
She said female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other and can hardly get away with the kind of things men in the industry get away with.
She wrote: “Tbh some of the things I’ve experienced – specifically as a woman – in this industry. Lol. They will try to pit you against other women. Try to redefine ur value. Try to get in your head and remodel your self esteem. And I have even had it easier than many…
“Ati executive oh. Ati audience oh. It comes from all the sides. That’s why I fuck with any woman that is winning in this industry – because hurdle is much dear. Women can hardly get away with the kinds of things many men in the same industry get away with on a regular.”
She added that when a woman in the industry stands up for herself, she’s called “difficult”…
She wrote: “For every woman that is making it, there are tons of women that have been broken. If u stand up for urself, “she’s difficult”. If u’re not a pushover, “she’s proud”. If u take time for urself, “she’s lazy.” If u ask for what you deserve, “she’s greedy”. Well, fuck you then.”
She pointed out that female artists have to be better than average male artist to make it in the industry and she has never seen a mediocre female artist make it.
Read her thread below.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal