A seasoned broadcaster with Sobi 101.9 FM , Mr. Afolabi Jolaoluwa, has been nominated by the Nigeria Media Award for this year Night Out Award as the Best Radio Presenter of the Year (Radio Category).
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Mr. Jolaoluwa popularly called ‘Jabulani Omo Emir’ studied Yoruba and Communication Arts at the Lagos State University.
He began his broadcasting Career with Ray Power FM Lagos, Amuludun Telly, Radio Lagos and later Radio Nigeria, radio Nigeria Bond FM Lagos State with famous popular programme ‘Lori Papa’, and became outstanding with many awards in Lagos state.
As the Head of programme Sobi FM Ilorin, the award nominee came up with series of popular programmes such as; ‘Feli Feli’, a popular Yoruba Newspaper review that played pivotal role in the O’toge crusade.
He left Radio Nigeria to supretends the programme department of Sobi FM as pioneer head of Programme in the last two years. Many personality and public affairs programmme has earned him the tittle, Omo Emir, meaning the adopted Son of the Emir of Ilorin.
His innovations and creativity in broadcasting has no doubt assisted Sobi FM to attain its giant feat as the leading light of North Central in radio broadcasting.
Jolaoluwa is competing the Nigeria radio presenter of the year award with other ace broadcasters, Godwin Arowoyo of Nija FM and Omotunde Davids of Wazobia FM among others.
A statement by Ifeayinchuku Alozie On behalf of the Nigeria Media Award said Jolaoluwa and others were selected based on their outstanding contributions to media profession and their creativity to make life abundant for the people.
He said they were rigorously selected based on the reach of their medium, the numbers of Programmes they are presenting, the public acceptability of the programme and conformity of the programme with broadcasting ethics and how best the programmes are serving the public interest.
The statement explained that Jolaoluwa has emerged as the overall best from the North Central and would compete others who have equally emerged from other five geo political zones through voting to pick the overall best.
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers
- Maulud Nabbiy ‘ll promote religious tolerance, says Omo-Agege