The embattled chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) in Aradun ward, Irepodun local government area of Kwara State, Hon. Seun Atolagbe, has shunned the recommendations of the reconciliation committee set up by the party.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the party hasd earlier set up a committee led by Prince Shuaib Olanrewaju, to provide solutions to the lingering crisis to rocking the unity of the party in the ward.
Among the resolutions of the committee was for the embattled chairman to publicly apologise to the members after serving a week suspension.
Checks revealed that Atolagbe had approached APC Chairman in Irepodun local government area, Hon Yemi Aransiola and Barrister Teju Oguntoye, as an avenue to escape the sanctions meted on him by the ward excos.
APC Secretary in Aradun ward, Mr. John Bamigbola Olufemi, told ROYAL NEWS on Sunday that the suspended chairman has also mobilised members of the APC Omu-Aran ward 1 to Arandun through their Chairman, Mr. Oyinloye Jacob, to form a splinter group.
Findings by our reporter revealed that while majority of the ward executives declared their loyalty for Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and the Minister for Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the other group led by the suspended ward chairman expressed their fervent support for the APC State Chairman, Hon. Bashir Bolarinwa.
Facebook Comments Box
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch